SR 80 (Southern Blvd) Bridge Replacement Project
April 1 to April 30, 2018
- Assemble and install temporary lift span
- Install temporary bridge electrical system
- Mill shoulder and install temporary asphalt for temporary bridge eastern approach
- Install barrier wall and temporary lighting along the south side of the Southern Boulevard Causeway
- Shift traffic lanes to the north on the Southern Boulevard Causeway
- Install drainage structures at the northeast corner of Flagler Drive and Southern Boulevard
Southern Boulevard Bridge:
The north sidewalk on the Southern Boulevard Bridge is closed until further notice. Pedestrians should use the south sidewalk.
Parking is temporary unavailable on Bingham Island. Parking lots will remain closed until further notice due to ongoing construction activities.
The westbound lane of the Southern Boulevard Causeway will be closed 9:30 p.m. to 6 a.m. nightly from Friday, April 6, to Sunday, April 8, as preparations are made to shift travel lanes to the north. Flaggers will maintain two-way traffic – one direction at a time – in the eastbound lane.
The dedicated left-turn lane from southbound Flagler Drive to eastbound Southern Boulevard has been eliminated. Southbound traffic on Flagler Drive can make left turns from the southbound travel lane.
The northeast corner of Flagler Drive and Southern Boulevard is closed to pedestrians. Pedestrians should use the west sidewalk on Flagler Drive.
The navigable Intracoastal Waterway (ICCW) through the Southern Boulevard Bridge will have limited full-channel closures through Monday, April 30. Double-span openings (full channel open) will occur at 7:15 a.m., 11:15 a.m. and 3:15 p.m. Monday through Saturday with regularly scheduled openings at the quarter hour and three-quarter hour between 6 p.m. and 6 a.m. The bridge will operate on a full opening schedule on Sundays. The schedule of channel restrictions is published in the U.S. Coast Guard’s Local Notice to Mariners at www.navcen.uscg.gov