SR 80 (Southern Blvd) Bridge Replacement Project
May 1 to May 31, 2023
- Ongoing activities for the bascule bridge and tender house
- Constructing the abutment and bulkhead wall on the west side of the bridge
- Installing the fender system in the navigable channel
- Installing drainage, driveways and curb and gutter on Flagler Drive
- Constructing driveways and sidewalks on Southern Boulevard
- Flagler Drive from Southern Boulevard to Monroe Drive is closed until further notice. Access will be maintained for local traffic only. Traffic will be detoured as follows:
- Traffic going north on Flagler Drive should: Go west on Southern Boulevard to Washington Road; go north on Washington Road to Monroe Drive; go east on Monroe Drive to Flagler Drive.
- Traffic going south on Flagler Drive should: Go west on Monroe Drive to Washington Road; go south on Washington Road to Southern Boulevard; go east on Southern Boulevard to Flagler Drive.
The navigable Intracoastal Waterway (ICCW) through the Southern Boulevard Bridge is restricted to half the channel. Full channel openings will not occur. During half-channel closures, the horizontal clearance through the bridge is 40 feet. The schedule of channel restrictions is published in the U.S. Coast Guard’s Local Notice to Mariners at www.navcen.uscg.gov. The Southern Boulevard Bridge opens for marine traffic twice per hour at 15 minutes and 45 minutes past the hour.