SR 80 (Southern Blvd) Bridge Replacement Project
August 1 to August 31, 2022
- Working on the bridge tender house
- Installing railing on the bascule bridge
- Installing striping on the bascule bridge and Southern Boulevard
- Completing punch list items
- Paving Bingham Island parking lot, bascule bridge east approach and Flagler Drive
- The south sidewalk on Southern Boulevard, from Washington Road to Flagler Drive, is closed until further notice.
- Flagler Drive from Southern Boulevard to Worth Court North is closed until further notice as the roadway is reconstructed. Access will be maintained for local traffic only. Sidewalks also will be closed. Traffic will be detoured as follows:
- Traffic going north on Flagler Drive should: Go west on Worth Court North to Washington Road; go north on Washington Road to Southern Boulevard; go east on Southern Boulevard to Flagler Drive.
- Traffic going south on Flagler Drive should: Go west on Southern Boulevard to Washington Road; go south on Washington Road to Worth Court North; go east on Worth Court North to Flagler Drive.
The navigable Intracoastal Waterway (ICCW) through the Southern Boulevard Bridge is restricted to half the channel. Full channel openings will not occur. During half-channel closures, the horizontal clearance through the bridge is 40 feet. The schedule of channel restrictions is published in the U.S. Coast Guard’s Local Notice to Mariners at www.navcen.uscg.gov. The Southern Boulevard Bridge opens for marine traffic twice per hour at 15 minutes and 45 minutes past the hour.